Capitol Hill Public Schools Parent Organization Stuart Hobson Middle School 410 D Street, NE Room 106 November 16, 2010 6:30 – 8 p.m.
- MOTH School Information Night (Wednesday, Dec 1 @ Eastern Market – 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM). CHPSPO will develop a 1 pager about the Ward 6 Middle School Plan. The following folks signed up: 5:30-6:30 Sandra M, 6:30-7:30 Suzanne W, 7:30-8:30 Lillian R (anyone want to join us, we could use the company!) Contact Suzanne Wells (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Middle School Collaboration Teams update • Reported on Eliot Hine (meets every 2 weeks) and Stuart-Hobson (has had 3 meetings) collaboration team work.
o Eliot Hine: Stretch goal = 100% of 5th graders in their feeder pattern to go to Eliot Hine. 6th grade summer transition program to ensure kids are at grade level in Math.Want to meet w/ 5th grade teachers in feeder schools so they know how to prepare students.
o Stuart-Hobson: Identified need to hire Museum Magnet coordinator. Maria Marable-Bunch has expressed interest in meeting with the admin team after the winter break to discuss how she can support our efforts to revitalize the Museum Studies program.
• Outreach ideas for Middle Schools:
o Principals going to feeder elementary school PTA meetings, encouraging prospective families to go to open houses. o Letter home to each 5th grade family. (in feeder schools and local charter schools).
o Kid-friendly section in Newsletter.
o Get current 6th grade students to go back to PTAs to talk about Eliot Hine. o Buddy day for students
• CHPSPO outreach for middle schools
o 1 pager to distribute on MOTH SIN and to all schools/neighborhood o Hill Rag Series
o Press Releases
- 501(c)3 status, bylaws (Sherry Trafford and Barbara Riehle) • Discussion and suggestions on membership and voting. Sherry to circulate next draft for Jan meeting.
- Meeting with Vincent Gray on Middle School Plan • In process of scheduling 2 meetings
- Next CHPSPO Meeting: No meeting in December, next meeting January 18, 2011
MOTH School Information Night – Wednesday, December 1, 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Eastern Market North Hall