Dear Ward 6 Public Schools Parent Organization members,
Wanted to share some updates:
1. 4th of July Parade
Many schools march together in the annual Capitol Hill 4th of July parade. Here is the link to sign up to participate in this year’s parade.
Registration Form – 2022 Capitol Hill July 4th Parade
The schedule is the same as other years.
- 9 am – Marchers line up under the highway on 8th and I Streets, SE
- 10:00 am parade starts promptly with Marine Drum and Bugle corp with others to follow – march North on 8th street
- ~12 pm parade wraps up at the Eastern Market Metro Plaza. Marcher/crowd disperses
Please contact Christine O’Reilly at email@example.com with any questions you have about the parade.
2. Stuart Hobson Musical
On June 10th and June 11th, students at Stuart-Hobson will perform “13, the Musical.” You can purchase tickets here.
Performance times are:
- Friday, June 10th at 6:00pm
- Saturday, June 11th at 2:00pm and 6:00pmThe flyer is attached.
Please note the themes in this show are appropriate for “older” elementary school-age and above.
3. Resilient Summer Handbook
For those of you who are interested, attached is the handbook from the Parenting Resilient Children training that the Center for Inspired Teaching put on for parents last week.
4. Congratulations to Digital Equity in DC Education and Grace Hu (Amidon Bowen parent) for being recognized by the Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights with the 2022 Vincent E. Reed Award for their tireless advocacy to close the digital divide and ensure every student in DC has the fools they need to thrive!
5. Mark your calendars for the June 21 W6PSPO monthly meeting.