Walk with DCPS in the Capital Pride Parade on Saturday, June 11.
DCPS is working to make our schools safe and inclusive for our lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) students, staff, and families. We are committed to engaging the community in our work, including walking in the Capital Pride Parade.
You and your school community are invited to join the DCPS community in walking together in the Capital Pride Parade on Saturday, June 11, 2011.
The DCPS contingent will line up at 4:30 p.m. in front of the Francis-Stevens Education Campus (2425 N Street, NW, near both Foggy Bottom and Dupont Circle Metro stops).
If your school is participating, here are a few suggestions
- Create a school-specific banner or sign to bring to the parade.
- Send home a letter to parents to let them know of your school’s participation in Pride.
- Have your students, families, and staff march in Pride with the Chancellor wearing your school t-shirts.
- Instruct your participants to arrive for the parade on June 11 no later than 4:30 p.m. DCPS’s contingent will line up in front of the Francis-Stevens Education Campus (2425 N Street, NW, near both Foggy Bottom and Dupont Circle Metro stops).
- Post this announcement in your school and PTA newsletter/at the entrance of the school building.
- Encourage staff to announce your school’s participation to students. (LGBTQ resources for teachers)
For more information, go to http://bit.ly/ks3l7P
Hope to see you there!