Dear Ward 6 Public Schools Parent Organization members,
1. We will hold our virtual monthly meeting on June 15 at 7 pm. Our agenda for the meeting is:
– Budget advocacy wrap-up- Discussion of any challenges/issues your schools face at the close of the current school year- Continuation of our May 2021 discussion on what you value from W6PSPO, and what W6PSPO priorities should be for Fy21/22. To help guide the discussion, please think about these questions: a. What are you looking to get out of W6PSPO next school year;
b. How can W6PSPO help support your school community; and
c. What speakers or topics are you most interested in for next school year?
2. Summer learning opportunities:
– Information on the DCPS Summer Acceleration Academies is available here.
– The Washington Community Fellowship is offering a S.T.E.M. Summer Program, an educational FREE day-camp, with age-appropriate games, activities, and lessons to engage upper-elementary and middle school students in STEM curriculum.
The camps are offered from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm, Monday – Friday during the following weeks with the following topics:
– Week 1: July 12 – July 16 – Space Exploration- Week 2: July 19 – July 23 – Climate & Conservation- Week 3: August 2 – August 6 – Science to make an Impact
Families and guardians can register and find more information at wcfchurch.org/stem.
3. On June 7, OSSE released the state plan for how the American Rescue Plan Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ARP-ESSER) funds will be used. In this plan, OSSE outlines three major priorities: a. a safe reopening, b. supporting student and staff well being, and c. promoting accelerated learning.
4. We will also be joined by Regina McClure, director of the Eastern High School Health Sciences Academy, who will share information about their pre-med programming and their EMT certification program.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the zoom registration link.