Dear Ward 6 Public Schools Parent Organization members,
1. W6PSPO will meet on Tuesday, September 21, at 7 pm. We will discuss the following:
– Safe reopening of school. We will hear a report out from Grace Hu on the Family Survey that all eight ward education councils co-sponsored. Over 570 responses were received in the first week since the survey was distributed. The survey results to date are attached.
– Letter written by Danica Petroshius and Shelley Brown, CHML parents, whose unvaccinated six graders tested positive for covid since the start of school. The letter calls for strengthening policies to keep students and families safe in our schools.
– Open discussion on how lunch is being handled at schools, communication about covid cases, quarantine procedures, covid testing, and any other topic you want to discuss about safe reopening.
If you registered for a previous W6PSPO meeting, the link you received for that meeting will work for this and future W6PSPO meetings. If you don’t already have the meeting link, you can register at
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
2. Walk-to-School Day is Wednesday, October 6. W6PSPO is planning a covid-safe event at Lincoln Park. Please register your school. More information to come!
3. The Capitol Hill Community Foundation’s Fall 2021 grant deadline is Monday, September 27th at 6pm. Grants of up to $2500 are available. The CHCF is very generous in awarding grants to schools on Capitol Hill.
4. Attached is the current roster of PTA presidents. Please let me know, if your school has any changes to the roster.
5. If you would like to stop receiving e-mails about W6PSPO, please let me know and I will remove your name from our e-mail distribution list.
Hope to see you on Tuesday!